The President's Line...
Thank you…thank you…thank you!!
To all those who made the Fly Fishing Extravaganza such a big success.
Not only was it successful from the viewpoint of raising the funds we need to continue all of our activities, but as far as I could tell everyone had a blast.
Then, just 4 days after the Extravaganza, we are able to declare:
We are under way!
In addition to the exciting news that we will break ground for the new clubhouse on February 25th, STFF also has plenty of activities slated for the month of March:
- Junior Fly Tying Classes continue on Tuesdays-March 3, 10, and 17 starting at 6:30PM.
- STFF’s fly tyers will be appearing at our booth at the Boat and RV Show on March 6, 7 and 8.
- On March 11th , at our monthly meeting, we have a great presentation by Trent Pridemore on “Top Column Bass Fishing” We have been waiting almost a year to have Trent appear, and luckily his presentation will be a few weeks before the bass fishing gets really hot in the waters around Redding.
- Jan Hale has arrange more great fly tying sessions on Saturday March 14th, and the 28th at the classroom.
- Also on the 28th, at 1 PM in the classroom, Guy Manning will be presenting a program PowerPoint program entitled, "Breaking the fish, not the rod". This is a discussion on rod handling and fish fighting techniques for salt water species. Following that, he will show how he sets up his tackle and lines for Baja, including braided loops, twisted leaders and the knots involved.
- Finally on March 31st, Allen Craig has arranged for the student involved in the STFF Trout in the Classroom program to release their fish at Oak Bottom on Whiskeytown lake.
- Take a look at our new activity calendar. If you need to add your STFF event to the calendar, contact Guy Manning for an instruction sheet.
- Beginners Casting Classes will begin in April.
Check this out! The Diablo Valley Fly Fishermen (Walnut Creek) and Shasta Trinity Fly Fishers, with the tremendous support of The Fly Shop are presenting the inaugural Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing 2015 NORCAL 2-Pattern Tournament. This fundraiser will take place at Turtle Bay Exploration Park, adjacent to the beautiful Sundial Bridge beginning on the afternoon of April 18 and going through the evening of April 19. See the Diablo Valley Fly Fishers PHW page for details.
Dick Recchia, President
2015 Membership renewal: all members received the renewal forms for their STFF membership for 2015. Please complete the form and submit it ASAP.